Welcome to The Clark Scholars website!!
The Clark Scholar Program is an intensive seven week summer research program for highly qualified high school juniors and seniors.
- The Program at Texas Tech University helps the Scholars to have a hands-on practical research experience with outstanding and experienced faculty.
- The Scholars will receive a $750 tax-free stipend and room and board.
- The Program includes fun activities, weekly seminars and field trips.
- This Program provides opportunities for research in all academic areas in the university. (click on Research for list of all research areas).
- Program duration is from June 24 to August 7, 2013.
- Applications must be received by February 8, 2013 (including Evaluation forms). .
- Final selection for the 2013 Clark Scholars Program will be made sometime in late April, early May.
- Program duration: June 24 to August 7, 2013
- 2012 Clark Scholar Jonathan Cohen is featured in an article in the Scientific American. Jonathan was mentored by Dr. Timothy Maxwell in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Sheetal Hedge's written report regarding her research conducted during her summer as a Clark Scholar is to be published in Duke University's undergraduate journal of neuroscience, Neurogenesis.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Shirley Mo will attend Harvard University fall of 2012. Shirley was mentored by Dr. Zhixin Xie in the Department of Biological Sciences.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Mihail Eric has been accepted to Stanford University. Mihail was mentored by Dr. M. Sanati in the Department of Physics.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Kellen Svetov has been accepted to Yale University through early action. Kellen has also been named a semifinalist in the Intel Science Talent Search. Kellen was mentored by Dr. Roger Sutton in the Department of Physiology, TTU Health Sciences Center.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Sheetal Hegde is attending Duke University. Sheetal was mentored by Dr. Michael Blanton in the Department of Pharmacology & Neuroscience, TTU Health Sciences Center.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Priya Parameswaran has been accepted to the Biomedical Engineering Program at John Hopkins University.
- 2011 Clark Scholar William Liu has been accepted to Stanford University.
- 2011 Clark Scholar William Liu has been named a semifinalist in the Siemens Competition. William was mentored by Dr. Harvinder Gill in the Department of Chemical Engineering.
- 2010 Clark Scholar Carla Javier joined a team of women in Hollywood aged 18-50 to make three documentaries on domestic violence. Carla's team is Team Give Hope and is sponsored by MaryKay Cosmetics.
- Team Give Hope documentary:
Click here to watch
- Behind the scenes:
Click here to watch
- MaryKay site with all documentaries, behind the scenes, and bios of the participants:
Past Scholar makes a donation to the Program endowment fund
Ms. Amy Huynh, Clark Scholar in 1999 and 2000 has made a very generous donation to the Clark Scholar Program. We are very grateful and appreciate her support.